Free Admission and Partially Subsidized Busing through the McKnight Foundation Scholarship!
Thanks to the gracious support of The McKnight Foundation, Mill City Museum is able to offer free museum admission and partially subsidized busing for students from qualified public schools.
- Must be a public school in the Twin Cities Seven County Metro area.
- School must have at least 50% of its students enrolled in the Federal Free & Reduced Lunch Program.
- Must visit the museum in January, February, or March.
- The Scholarship is available only for schools visiting during regular school hours with their regular class, and is not available for Youth Groups (before/after schools, school release day groups, scout groups, daycares, etc.).
What the Scholarship provides:
- Free admission for all students and adults (a $6 per student value!).
- Up to $2 per student towards your busing costs.
How to Apply:
- The first day you can call and book a visit with the Scholarship is October 1st. Funding opens up on October 1st for schools that did not use the Scholarhsip the previous school year. For school that did use the scholarship last school year, you must wait until October 15th.
- There is no separate application that you need to fill out for the Scholarship. Simply schedule a visit in January, February, or March to secure Scholarship funding. When scheduling a visit be sure to mention that you'd like the McKnight Scholarship and ask if funding still available.
- You will need to provide some documentation prior to your field trip.
- Scholarship funding is limited and is distributed on a first-come, first-served basis starting on October 1st.
Scholarships provided by McKnight Scholarship Fund, The Sage and John Cowles Fund, Archer Daniels Midland, and The Morrison Family Fund for Mill City Museum.
Schedule a visit by calling 612-341-7556, e-mailing firstname.lastname@example.org, or filling out an online field trip request form. Please note that filling out a request form does not guarantee you Scholarship money - it is a request only. Funding is not secured for you until you officially reserve a date for your visit.