K-12th Grade School Field Trips
Available from October 1st to June 15th.
Our engaging field trips last 3 to 3.5 hours and include:
- One Guided Lesson (see options below under History Players, Baking Lab, Water Lab, or Mills&Machines).
- Self-guided time in the exhibit gallery (age appropriate scavenger hunts are provided)
- Flour Tower multimedia show & 9th floor Observation Deck.
- "Minneapolis in 19 Minutes Flat" movie.
- Lunch time (optional).
See a sample itinerary or click here to schedule a visit.
Cost is $6 per student
- Teachers/School staff are free.
- 1 free parent chaperone for every 5 students. Additional chaperones are $6 each.
Choose one guided lesson from one of four themes: History Players, Baking Lab, Water Lab OR Mills & Machines.
Click on each theme to explore lesson options;
- History Players: Students interact with costumed characters who bring Minnesota's rich history to life.
- Baking Lab: As students bake, they explore different aspects of history and flour.
- Water Lab: Students use hands-on water tables to discover how people changed the Mississippi River to control and enhance its power.
- Mills & Machines: Students learn about the workers and machines that transformed Minneapolis into a milling powerhouse.
School Programs are available from October 1st to June 15th and are available for school field trip groups only. For before/after school groups, scout groups, YMCA groups, etc. please visit our Youth Group page.